Notes and Disclaimers
Notes and Disclaimers:
- New students are students who enter Boise State after completing coursework at a regionally accredited high school, a GED or a homeschool program. Students who take concurrent college credit during high school are considered for new freshmen scholarships.
- Transfer students are students who have earned 14 or more semester credits post high school.
- All Boise State scholarships require continuous enrollment at Boise State. The criteria for credit completion, GPA, and award amounts of each scholarship are detailed in the scholarship award message listed on the award letter and Student Center.
- Some scholarships for new freshmen require enrollment at Boise State immediately following the completion of high school or its equivalent. Students who delay enrollment at Boise State for a semester or more will not be considered for these awards.
Unweighted high school GPA is used for all incoming applicants from regionally accredited high schools for both Boise State admission and scholarship awards. Students with a homeschool curriculum or GED will be updated holistically by the Scholarship Committee. All required admission and scholarship materials for new students must be received by Boise State Admissions by the indicated Application and Scholarship Priority Deadlines. Scholarship award notifications will arrive within three weeks of a student’s admission to Boise State University.
- Transfer credits are evaluated based on a semester hour system. All quarter credits are converted to a semester equivalent during the evaluation process.
- Transfer credits are evaluated based on the number of attempted and completed credits by the scholarship deadline, not the number of credits accepted by the university.
- Criteria and award amounts for Boise State scholarships are subject to change each academic year