Incoming undergraduate students who have an on-campus major may move their admission to an adjoining semester inside the same academic year as their current term of admission (deadlines apply). Students can only move their admission once per application. Students who have their deferment request denied or voided are encouraged to re-apply for admission.
On-Campus Student Deferment Deadlines:
- Spring 2022 admits may request a deferral of admission to the Fall/Summer 2022 semester until May 1, 2022.
- Fall/Summer 2022 admits may request a deferral of admission to the Spring 2023 semester until October 1, 2022
- Spring 2023 admits are not eligible for a deferral of admission.
- Fall/Summer 2023 admits may request a deferral of admission to the Spring 2024 semester until October 1, 2023
Important Things to Know:
- You may only defer your admission once per application.
- Scholarships are nondeferrable.
- On-campus housing applications are nondeferrable.
- You may cancel your deferral and have your admission returned to it’s original semester up until the application deadline for your original semester of admission.
- Denied students are not eligible for a deferral.
- If you are currently enrolled, all of your courses must be dropped before requesting a deferment of admission.