Skip to main content

Deferring Your Undergraduate Admission

Students seeking to defer their admission can do so by submitting our deferment request form. If eligible, deferring allows you to delay your admission to a later starting semester than the one you were originally admitted for.

Scholarships are non-deferrable

Unlike your admission, scholarships cannot be deferred to a new semester. Any scholarships you may have will be canceled upon the submission and review of Boise State’s deferment form. You will then be re-evaluated for scholarships based on your new semester’s scholarship criteria, scholarship deadlines and the academic information we have on file for you at the time of scholarship review.

Before beginning the deferment form, please note the following:

  1. If you are changing your degree-seeking status from non-degree to degree seeking, please do not use this form. Instead, complete a new application for admission.
  2. Moving your admission to a different semester will also cancel your on-campus housing application and any scholarships you have been awarded. If you have applied for housing, be sure to visit the Housing and Residence Life website to understand the fees associated with canceling your application.
  3. An approved deferment request only applies to the student’s general admission to the university. Direct admission to academic majors, programs with advanced standing, or placement by exam or audition will be determined by the individual department/program. Applicants are advised to contact the department/program prior to requesting a deferment.

Who are you?

Submit Your Deferment Request

Note: You will need to log into your myBoiseState account to complete this request. If you have not logged into myBoiseState before, myBoiseState account setup will walk you through the steps.

Screen reader users

We recommend using Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers for full accessibility and the best user experience when completing the Deferment Request Form.

Submit a Deferment Request