Preparing students to be confident, capable, and resilient leaders through the challenges in their professional and personal lives. Engaging students in innovative, experiential, and supported learning environments that are founded on self-discovery, our common humanity, and critical inquiry into civil discourse and collaborative engagement across diverse groups and perspectives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Characterize the nature of conflict and its impact on interpersonal and workplace relationships, team dynamics, organizations, and the community.
- Apply the skills necessary to communicate with increased confidence in dynamic and challenging conflict situations, utilizing conflict management, negotiation, mediation, conflict coaching, and facilitation techniques.
- Integrate and apply a broad range of interdisciplinary theoretical concepts, techniques, processes and methodologies in analyzing, managing, and resolving conflicts relevant leadership and workplace challenges.
- Demonstrate the value of empathy and diversity in creating strong relationships and teams, building trusts, and managing and resolving conflict.
- Evaluate the environmental, situational and cultural lenses associated with managing and resolving conflicts in the workplace and the community.
- Reflect and cultivate self-awareness and self-management strategies for managing your personal challenges in high conflict situations.