Online Graduate Certificate
Preparing students to be confident, capable, and resilient leaders through the challenges in their professional and personal lives. Engaging students in innovative, experiential, and supported learning environments that are founded on self-discovery, our common humanity, and critical inquiry into civil discourse and collaborative engagement across diverse groups and perspectives.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Characterize the nature of conflict and its impact on interpersonal and workplace relationships, team dynamics, organizations, and the community.
- Apply the skills necessary to communicate with increased confidence in dynamic and challenging conflict situations, utilizing conflict management, negotiation, mediation, conflict coaching, and facilitation techniques.
- Integrate and apply a broad range of interdisciplinary theoretical concepts, techniques, processes and methodologies in analyzing, managing, and resolving conflicts relevant leadership and workplace challenges.
- Demonstrate the value of empathy and diversity in creating strong relationships and teams, building trusts, and managing and resolving conflict.
- Evaluate the environmental, situational and cultural lenses associated with managing and resolving conflicts in the workplace and the community.
- Reflect and cultivate self-awareness and self-management strategies for managing your personal challenges in high conflict situations.
- CONFLICT 510: Conflict Management
- CONFLICT 513: Mediation and Negotiation
- CONFLICT 514: Conflict Coaching and Facilitation
- CONFLICT 515: Conflict and Culture
What are the requirements for admissions to the Conflict Management Graduate Certificate Program?
You need to hold a bachelor’s or graduate degree, be admitted to the Graduate College, and contact the Program Director for an advising and admissions interview.
Can I take just one class?
Yes. You may take one class or several, or you may enroll to complete the entire certificate. You may take up to four credits of classes and workshops without being enrolled in the Certificate Program