Refer a Student for Outreach
When to Refer
Refer a student for outreach when they…
- may not seek out support on their own.
- may be in need of support while navigating a family emergency.
- may be struggling to meet their basic needs (food, housing, medical, etc)
- may have been impacted by a natural disaster or other personal tragedy.
- may need support understanding or navigating university policies, appeals or procedures.
The form to refer a student for outreach is now an option on our CARE Network Referral page alongside CARE Alerts and Academic Alerts. Follow the link below to access this form and select “Student Outreach and Assistance” as the referral type.
What happens after I submit a Referral for Outreach? Visit our What to Expect After Referring page to learn more.
Submitting a CARE alert is for behaviors of concern and will result in this CARE referral process.
Sometimes, concerns for a student go beyond normal signs of distress or basic need support. If your concern for a student includes behaviors that may pose a threat to themselves or others, consider submitting a CARE alert instead.