Filled - Assistant Uniform Manager
Currently there are no openings
To assist and train with the Uniform Manager for the marching season, with the intent to fill the Uniform Manager position in the future. Overall management and care for uniform and all uniform components, including but not limited to organization of the uniform storage room, inventory of components, overseeing cleaning, repair alterations, etc. Specific duties will include the following: coordinating uniform fitting and check-out for each member of the Blue Thunder Marching Band (during band camp); managing the check-out of all uniform accessories; maintain an accurate database of uniform check-out information; collect and deliver uniforms for dry cleaning, alterations, and repair as needed; perform minor uniform alterations and repairs as needed throughout the season; coordinate uniform check-in after last performance; perform other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Program Coordinator. There will also be some front office duties such as answering phones, copying, data entry, etc.
- At least one season of membership in the Boise State Blue Thunder Marching Band
- Must be registered in Marching Band class
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Good customer service
- Ability to work quickly and multi-task in a high paced environment
- Basic knowledge of Excel, and ability to quickly learn other computer database programs.
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Full time student at BSU with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Basic understanding of sewing
- Reception/desk work experience
- Compensation of $7.50 an hour and the potential for a $200 stipend at the end of the season when the uniform duties are completed
- Open to both work study and non-work study applicants
Hours will be determined through a combination of workload and consistent, scheduled, weekly office hours
Duties will begin August 12, 2019
Please send a resume & letter of interest highlighting any relevant experience, achievements, current grade point average, and any other information you feel appropriate. Address letter to Jennifer Myers and Dr. Joe Tornello, and send to: email@example.com. Interviews to commence after receipt of resumes, open until filled.