20 million people worldwide
Countries where Bosnian is Spoken:
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Slovenia, Kosovo
Why Study Bosnian?
- “Bosnia is a perfect place to study diplomacy as well as conflict resolution, being a viable example of a country that has successfully overcome its difficult past and was able to successfully rebuild itself.”
– “Study Abroad in Bosnia“
- “Bosnia and Herzegovina is quickly becoming a draw to study abroad students for its affordability, beautiful language, rich culture and easy access to a dizzying array of outdoor activities.”
– “8 Reasons to Visit Bosnia and Herzegovina“
- “Bosnia and Herzegovina is a unique mixture of Eastern and Western cultures as the result of the Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empires leaving their heritages there.”
– “Bosnia and Herzegovina History and Culture“
- “Once students learn the basics of the Bosnian language, they will be able to pick up other similar languages, such as Croatian, Serbian, Slovenian and Bulgarian.”
– “Similar Languages to Bosnian“
Bosnian Cultural Gathering
Bosnian Dessert and Tea
BOSNIAN 101, ELEMENTARY BOSNIAN I
Develops beginning abilities in Bosnian in all four language skills: speaking, reading, writing, and listening. Offers basic study of grammatical structures and vocabulary in a communicative context as well as an introduction to Bosnian/Balkan cultures.