OIT Learning Technology Solutions recently introduced a Canvas-Blue integration for course evaluations with several features and benefits to students and faculty. We hope this integration supports our goal to receive higher evaluation response rates at Boise State.
Some of the benefits include:
- Upon login to Canvas, students will see a pop-up reminder to complete any open evaluations. Students will not see this pop-up if they do not have open evaluations.
- A “Course Evaluations” link will appear in the navigation menu for all Canvas courses. Instructors can disable the menu item if they do not want this visible to students in their Canvas course.
- The Course Evaluation item will show open evaluation tasks for enrolled students in the Canvas course. When the student clicks an open task, a new tab opens through which the student can complete their evaluation(s).
- The Course Evaluation item will also show instructor tasks, including creating instructor-added questions and monitoring response rates.
- In addition to the new Canvas integration, students may receive up to four email notifications from Blue to complete any pending course evaluations.