First, you must submit your Application for Admission to Candidacy (AAC).
*Note: This step must be complete and approved before applying for graduation (step #2). Once your AAC has been submitted, it can take 2-3 weeks for approval.
To access your AAC, use this link. Your student name & student ID should pre-populate.
Enter the following information:
- Graduate program – Master of Business Administration, Online
- Area of concentration and/or cognate – Management, Marketing Leadership, Healthcare Leadership, Construction Management, or General MBA
- Catalog year – This is indicated by the academic year in which you started your BUSMBA 500 course (e.g. If you started your BUSMBA 500 course in the fall of 2021, spring of 2022, or summer 2022, your academic year would be 2021-2022. The academic year always starts with the fall semester.)
- Anticipated completion term – the semester term and year you intend to graduate (e.g. Fall 2019)
- Compliance – leave blank (don’t select any options)
- Supervisory committee – not required
- Degree requirements section – click the “Add Another Entry” button to arrive at 13 separate lines (each line corresponds to one OMBA course).
- General MBA (no emphasis area) – all 13 courses are “Core Course” for Requirement Type.
- MBA with a designated emphasis area – the 10 MBA core courses listed below are “Core Course” for Requirement Type. The three emphasis area courses you take are “Emphasis Area” for Requirement Type.
- *Note – You can copy and paste from the course table below (it is easiest for the degree office if you list them in ascending order – not the order that you took them).
- BUSMBA = Course prefix
- ### = Course number
- Course Title = Name of course (e.g. Corporate Finance)
- BUSMBA 500 = 1 credit. All other courses = 4 credits
MBA Core Courses:
BUSMBA 500 – Business Foundations
BUSMBA 501 – Design Thinking
BUSMBA 505 – Marketing Strategy
BUSMBA 510 – People & Organizations
BUSMBA 515 – Corporate Finance
BUSMBA 520 – Global Economy
BUSMBA 525 – Managerial Accounting
BUSMBA 545 – Legal Issues In Business
BUSMBA 550 – Operations & Supply Chain Management
BUSMBA 555 – Integrated Capstone
General MBA Core / Management Electives:
BUSMBA 530 – Managerial Communication
BUSMBA 535 – IT & Business Alignment
BUSMBA 540 – Managing Successful Projects
Marketing Leadership Electives Courses:
BUSMBA 541 – Marketing Leadership
BUSMBA 542 – Digital Marketing Management
BUSMBA 543 – Strategic Management
Healthcare Leadership Electives:
BUSMBA 531 – Leadership for Health Professionals
BUSMBA 532 – Healthcare Systems & Delivery
BUSMBA 533 – Healthcare Operations & Financial Management
Construction Management Electives:
BUSMBA 521 – Leadership in AEC
BUSMBA 522 – AEC Project Management
BUSMBA 523 – AEC Company Management
- Fill in your actual grades and semester/year for each course as shown in your Student Center. Instructions on how to view your course history can be found here. For courses that have yet to be taken, or haven’t been completed yet, you can select the “In Progress” option. You won’t be able submit the form without entering something in the text box. Your total credits should equal 49.
- Finally, you’ll need to click “Validate Request” then “Submit Request.” You can print for your records if desired.