Mission, Values, Goals and Such
Our dream is to be a collaborative, engaged and dynamic community of learners. We inspire our students and colleagues to achieve their full potential by creating and sharing relevant knowledge, skills and experiences for the benefit of local and global communities.
- Relevance – We address important business and societal issues by being effective, innovative and risk-tolerant. Our effectiveness is based on rigorous teaching and research, and a commitment to lifelong learning and community engagement.
- Respect – We strive to be an inclusive, collegial community that values all forms of diversity. We are committed to integrity and ethical behavior in all that we do.
- Responsibility – We foster an environment that empowers students, staff and faculty. We are dedicated to accountability, transparency and fairness.
Inclusive excellence is our strategy for both communicating and demonstrating that we value, seek, engage, promote and include a rich diversity of stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, administrators, alumni, campus and community members as a fundamental part of our success as a college.
Our CORe Culture:
In January 2018, COBE faculty and staff came together to sign our intentional culture document. The intent of our CORe Culture is to focus our individual and collective behaviors to manifest our core values. Behaviors are organized by these elements:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Opportunity, innovation and long-term focus
- Respect, trust and civility