With an unshakeable focus on learning, we empower all to think critically and solve our world’s complex challenges. We excel through being a diverse and inclusive community of thinkers and doers. We excel through innovation in our community, a place where we create, thrive, and reflect. We act with integrity and the highest professional standards.
Our highly trained faculty’s vast expertise spans a wide range of disciplines from microelectronics and materials science, to environmental engineering and cybersecurity. This vast experience combined with an abiding passion to teach and conduct research makes our faculty a valuable asset to Idaho’s public and private industry sectors.
COEN students are met with graduate and undergraduate curriculums designed to integrate their needs with those of local industry and government agencies. Students are supported by the demand for a high-quality education with support of both introductory and advanced studies in digital hardware design, integrated design, device mechanics, robotics, fluid mechanics, soil mechanics, and cybersecurity to name a few.
At the College of Engineering, we not only change lives- we change the world!
The success of our programs relies heavily on five major entities:
- dedicated students motivated to succeed and demand high-quality education
- faculty with a wide range and variety of industry and academic experience, combined with an abiding passion to teach and conduct research
- an administration which reveres excellence in education and scholarly activity
- advisory boards from industry which provide invaluable support and guidance
- Idaho taxpayers who recognize both the value and cost of exceptional, professional education
Engineering embodies Boise State University’s aspiration to inspire and enable students, faculty and staff through an active commitment to diversity and inclusion. Guiding principles, resources, and program information are available from the Student Diversity and Inclusion team.