Admission to Secondary Teacher Education
Admission to Teacher Education or IDoTeach is required before a student can enroll in early field experience coursework. Applications are available via Taskstream and submitted electronically for review by Teacher Education or IDoTeach faculty and staff (Education Building, Room 722).
Step 1. Application Package: Refer to the Boise State Teacher Education website for application information. A $50 assessment fee is due upon application.
Step 2. Deadlines:
• First Friday in February for fall semester admission
• Third Friday in September for spring semester admission
• A $50 fee will be assessed to late and/or incomplete applications.
Step 3. Academic Requirements:
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, except for IDoTeach and Music programs.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all major content courses (2.75 in IDoTeach and Music).
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all education classes.
• Minimum grade of C in ED-CIFS 201 Foundations of Education or its equivalent.
• Minimum grade of C in EDTECH 202 Teaching and Learning in a Digital Age.
• Successful interview with TE interview panel.
*If you are seeking a Special Education endorsement, you also need a passing score on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators in Mathematics (150) for admission.