Admission to Secondary Teacher Education
Admission to secondary teacher education is required before a student can enroll in early field experience coursework. Application is available via Taskstream and submitted electronically for review by Teacher Education faculty and staff (Education Building, Room 722).
1. Application Package: Refer to the Boise State Teacher Education website for application information. A $50 assessment fee is due upon application.
Step 2. Deadline:
• First Friday in February for fall semester admission
• Third Friday in September for spring semester admission
• A $50 fee will be assessed to late and/or incomplete applications
3. Academic Requirements:
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, except for IDoTeach and Music programs.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all major content courses (2.75 in IDoTeach and Music).
• Minimum GPA of 3.00 in all education classes.
• Minimum grade of C in ED-CIFS 201 Foundations of Education or its equivalent.
• Minimum grade of C in EDTECH 202 Teaching and Learning in a Digital Age.
• A passing score on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators in Mathematics (150) for those seeking an endorsement in special education.
• Successful interview with TE interview panel.
*No other test will be accepted in lieu of the Praxis.