In recognition of the annual First-Generation College Celebration on November 7, the College of Education profiled outstanding first-generation students November 7-11. This year, five first-generation students from across the university were featured. Each student is involved in programs in the College of Education’s Center for Multicultural Educational Opportunities (CMEO) which includes a variety of programs that support first-generation college students. This year’s featured students are listed below with the CMEO program they’re involved in, along with more information at each of their links.
- Melissa Ronquillo, TRIO STEM Scholars
- Emilee Spahnle, TRIO Rising Scholars
- Ally Almaraz, TRIO Rising Scholars, McNair Scholars
- Zoey Heimback, TRIO Teacher Prep
- Raheem Mohamed, TRIO Upward Bound & TRIO STEM Scholars