Coming out is understanding your own identities or who you feel you are, related to sexual and gender identities, and the choice to share that with other people in your life.
In addition to the training, workshops, and the free and confidential support services we provide, you can also check out the following resources about coming out or supporting someone who is coming out. We recognize some of the resources are geared towards youth, however, the information is largely relevant for all ages.
If you are considering coming out:
- Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN): GLSEN Coming Out
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC):
- The Trevor Project: Trevor Support Center: Coming Out
If you are an ally:
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD): 10 Ways to be an Ally and a Friend
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC): How to be an LGBT Ally
- National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE): 52 Things You Can Do For Transgender Equality
If you are an educator: