Did you know: Boise State has over twenty chapters? Fraternities and sororities can help you become more involved with your community and grow professionally and personally. Greek life is a great opportunity to develop lifelong friendships, cultivate leadership skills, serve the community, and much more.
Definition: “Volunteering can involve exposing yourself to perspectives and ideas outside of your own worldview, religion, race, socioeconomic status, and upbringing. It will teach you things you didn’t know you needed to learn! But you should always be able to answer why you’re deciding to invest time into a particular activity. More than just checking a box, try to pursue activities that you know align with your interests and passions. It doesn’t make sense to copy someone else’s story of what they did on their journey to applying to an academic or clinical program. You do you!“
Consider the following with volunteer or community service work:
- Interests and/or activities:
- Your volunteering and community service involvement does not need to be health or health-care related.
- What interests you?
- What activities have you participated in prior and enjoyed?
- What activities would you like to try?
- What interests and activities are meaningful to you?
- What networks/groups of people are you already connected with or would like to connect with more?
- What interests and activities bring you joy?