Use the following steps to find definitions.
Step 1 – Browse Glossary
To browse the glossary of definitions within the Data Cookbook, log in to your account with your Boise State credentials.
Step 2 – Select Definitions
- Select Definitions from the navigation tabs at the top of the page.
- Hover over the Definitions tab at the top of the page and select Browse Definitions.
Step 3 – Search Definitions
Search for Definitions
- On the Definitions page, use the Search: bar located at the top right of the webpage under the navigation bar. To search for a term, input the desired search term, and press enter or click the arrow (>).
- Use the Tools and Filters listed and described below to help narrow your search.
Step 4 – Using Tools and Filters
Using Tools and Filters
There are three options to order the list of definitions: alphabetical, recently modified, and recently created.
Definitions can be displayed in two different formats: full content or name only.
- Functional Area—the department/group data stewards that manage the definition.
- Version—the current status of the definition (e.g., last approved, pending, in draft).
- Definition Source—where the definition originated from (not in use).
- Data System—the name of the campus data system(s) that currently use the defined term.
- Tag—keywords and terms related to the definition.
Quick Definition Lookup
- This search bar is located under the Data Cookbook logo at the top of the site page.
- Results are rendered from local and public sources
- The results do not include Specifications, only definitions located within the Data Cookbook
- You may opt to get only local results by unchecking the “Include Public Community” checkbox.