Skip to main content
Using University Trademarks


The Trademark Licensing and Enforcement office regulates the use of University marks on all products, apparel, promotional items and other uses in accordance with the University’s Brand Standards.

Below are guidelines for creating promotional products for your department, organization or program. 

Contact Trademark Licensing and Enforcement for any approval requests or questions.

Choose A Licensed Vendor


All campus departments must use a licensed vendor to produce items branded with University marks. This applies whether the items are intended for the organization’s internal use (team uniforms) or as promotional items (giveaways)

Boise State has licensed vendors who can produce nearly any branded product, including pens, banners, tablecloths, apparel and much more.

Licensed Vendors
Create A Design


Whether designing yourself or utilizing design services with your licensed vendor, the University brand standards and promotional product guidelines for departments must be followed.

Departments looking to produce Boise State branded items that are not department or event specific should first check with the Bronco Shop for your product. The Bronco Shop provides generic apparel, notebooks, pens and many other licensed promotional products. If you are still in need of ordering such items, a royalty may be applied.

Logo Usage Guidelines

Clear space, color options and more.
Trademark Licensing Approval


Once you have a licensed vendor and design ready, project approval is needed from the Office of Trademark Licensing and Enforcement. Designs may be submitted by the department representative via email, or the licensed vendor can obtain approval on their behalf.

Contact Trademark Licensing and Enforcement for approvals or any questions throughout the process of ordering your promotional products.

Contact Trademark Licensing