- Windows 8.1, 10
All active University faculty, staff, and student employees have access to Boise State’s VPN service.
How to Download and Install
- All active University faculty, staff, and student employees have access to Boise State’s VPN service.
- Download the VPN software.
- Run the GlobalProtect installer. Select Next through each screen to accept the default options. Click Close when finished.
(If you are unable to install the software, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.)
How to Use
- Connect to the Internet via WiFi or cable like you always do.
- Launch the GlobalProtect software: Start > All Programs > Palo Alto Networks > GlobalProtect
- Enter the portal address: vpn.boisestate.edu
(This step is only required the first time you connect.)
- Click Connect.
- When the sign in window appears, enter your Boise State username and password and click Sign in.
Note: If you are navigating only using a keyboard, the Enter/Return key will not work. Use the Tab key followed by the Spacebar to execute the sign in request.
- Complete the request for Duo multi-factor authentication. For information about enrolling and using Duo, visit the Multi-factor Authentication page.
Optional: Connect to Your Work Computer
You may use VPN in conjunction with Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect remotely to a Windows desktop or laptop computer.