- Windows 7-10
- Windows Vista (clean install, not upgraded from Windows XP)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
How to Download the VPN Software
- Contact the Help Desk to set up your VPN account or to determine if you already have a VPN account.
- Download the VPN software.
If you’re on campus, download the VPN software using this link.
If you’re off campus, download the VPN software using this link.
- Login to the Boise State VPN service using your Boise State account. If you cannot login, your VPN account may not be set up. Contact the Help Desk for assistance.
- Click the AnyConnect link.
- Click the Start AnyConnect link.
- The Boise State VPN software (CISCO AnyConnect) will install and connect your computer securely to the Boise State network.
- If the automatic installation fails, click the Windows Desktop or Mac OS X 10.6+ link to download and install the VPN software manually.
How to Use the VPN Software
Once you have the VPN software (Cisco AnyConnect) installed, here’s how to work securely and connect to the Boise State network.
- Connect to the Internet via wi-fi or cable like you always do. If you’re traveling, you’ll likely be connecting to an airport, hotel, coffee shop, etc. network.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility software.
Windows: Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
Mac: Finder > Applications > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Enter either the on-campus VPN address or the off-campus VPN address, depending on your location:
On-campus VPN address: bsuvpn-oncampus.boisestate.edu
Off-campus VPN address: bsuvpn-offcampus.boisestate.edu
- Sign in with your Boise State username and password.