Google Sites is an easy way to create internal websites for teams, projects, and resources.
Sites features integrations with Google Workspace, allowing easy schedule embeds from Google Calendar, files from Google Drive, or locations from Google Maps.
Multiple people can collaborate on a Site in real-time, just like with Google Docs. Manage site permissions to restrict viewership to people with @boisestate.edu or @u.boisestate.edu accounts, or specific individuals or groups.
Content on the screen is arranged through drag-and-drop functionality, so no web experience is necessary.
Create a New Google Site
New Google Sites are created through Google Drive.
Log into BroncoMail or Google Workspace through myBoiseState, then browse to Google Drive.
Choose New > More > Google Sites to start a new Google Site.
View a New Google Site
To view new Google Sites to which you have access, browse to https://sites.google.com/new/.
Access Legacy Google Sites
Log into BroncoMail or Google Workspace through myBoiseState, then select Sites from the App launcher.
How to Share a Legacy Google Site Between Domains
- Create a new Site, or open a Site you’ve already created.
- Click More Actions > Share this Site at the upper-right of the screen.
- Add one or more email addresses, and choose what rights you want to grant for owners, collaborators and/or viewers.
- Invite your owners, collaborators and/or viewers via email. The invitees will receive an email message explaining they have been grated access to a Google Site. The email will contain a link to the shared Site. The invitee can click on the link, which will prompt the invitee to log in to Google Workspace if necessary.
- The invitee/recipient you are sharing your Site with must log in to BroncoMail/Google Workspace before the next step.
- A window will be presented similar to the following:
- The invitee will need to click “Sign in with a different account” and sign in using full email address (e.g., email@example.com) and password.
- The invitee now has access to the shared Site.
- If the invitee has problems accessing the Site, repeat the above steps; return to BroncoMail/Google Workspace and click on the email link, then once again choose “Sign in with a different account.” If there are further questions, please contact the Help Desk.