Skip to main content

Cell Phones

Employees who use a cell phone at work have two options to cover the cellular phone costs. Both options are subject to departmental approval.

Mobile Communications Agreement

The first option allows for the employee to receive a monthly stipend in their paycheck.

The employee can claim up to $50 per month, but must submit verification of voice and data charges on an annual basis. The stipend is taxable and the details of the MCA (Mobile Communication Agreement is governed by Policy 8070

Mobile Communication Device Agreement Form

*Use your Boise State username and password to sign in.

University-Owned Cell Phones

The second option is a university-owned cell phone.

This option requires a department to request a cell phone on behalf of an employee. The option is designed to provide a tool for employees who are in a role requiring a cell phone. The department pays for all services and hardware using the provided FDCC.

University owned cell phone pricing

Need Assistance?

For more information, contact the Help Desk at (208) 426-4357,, chat, or Help Desk Self Service.