MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numerical computation.
You can use MATLAB in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
How to Access MATLAB
MATLAB is available online through a web browser, or as software you download and install on your personal computer.
(You can also access MATLAB on any of our 550+ public computers throughout campus.)
Access MATLAB Online through a web browser:
- Visit https://matlab.mathworks.com/.
- Select Create Account.
- Enter your Boise State email address, set a password, and complete the requested information.
- You will shortly receive a verification email at your Boise State email address; open the email and verify your account.
- Sign in to your MATLAB Online account at https://matlab.mathworks.com/.
Download and Install MATLAB Software
MATLAB is available to Boise State students, researchers, faculty and staff to download and install on personal and University-owned computers.
The following activation key is required:
How to Download the Installer
- Log in to mathworks.com using your MathWorks Account associated with your Boise State email address. (If you don’t have an account, create one using your University email address.)
- Select your profile name, then select Associate License.
- Enter the Activation Key.
- Select Download your products now or go to mathworks.com/downloads.
- Click the Download button for the current MATLAB release.
- Choose a supported platform and download the installer.
Install and Activate MATLAB
- Double-click to launch the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted, select the “Academic – Total Headcount license” labeled Student.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the “Activate MATLAB” checkbox selected and click Next.
- When asked to provide a user name, verify the displayed user name is correct. Continue with the process until activation is complete.[/toggle]