What Can You Do With a Public Health Degree?
Public health is an issue that affects us all, and a career in this field offers graduates the opportunity to help to solve some of the world’s most pressing health problems. Boise State’s online public health program prepares you for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES®) examination to demonstrate your competency and set you apart as a public health professional. There are many options for a successful career in this growing and integral field.
Where Can You Work?
- Departments of health (state/local state government)
- In the field (food testing, health and safety testing)
- Nonprofit organizations
- Child healthcare facilities
Possible Careers Options
- Public administrator
- Community health worker
- Healthcare administrator
- Policy analyst
- Community outreach coordinator
- Health services manager
- Health officer
- Operations manager
- Public health emergency preparedness coordinator
- Public health program specialist
- Public health information officer