Canvas Courses Online
Starting Fall 2021, all OPWL courses will be delivered in Canvas, and you will no longer have access to your previous Blackboard course sites.
Download your previous Blackboard course materials now!
Migration to Canvas
Boise State University is moving from Blackboard to Canvas as its campus-wide Learning Management System (LMS) in Fall 2021. The Organizational Performance and Workplace Learning (OPWL) department is participating in the “soft launch” phase during Summer of 2021 by offering several summer courses in Canvas. Then, all OPWL courses will be delivered in Canvas starting Fall of 2021.
What OPWL Students Should/Can Do
It is the University’s plan that the University Blackboard system will be closed down after September 15th, 2021 (tentatively); after this date, you will no longer have access to prior course materials retained in Blackboard. The University’s Blackboard system archives course sites 2 years after the semester is over. Before the University Blackboard system is closed, you have access to the OPWL Blackboard course sites used between Spring 2018 and Summer 2021.
Do you want to keep some of the course materials and the assignments you submitted in your previous Blackboard course sites? You should review your previous OPWL Blackboard course sites and download the materials now!
Especially if you will complete OPWL 592 Portfolio reviews using your class projects, you want to have a copy of imporant information about your course projects. Not sure what is expected in OPWL 592 Portfolio? Review the OPWL 592 Portfolio course materials.
- Have you registered for FA21 OPWL courses? You will find the FA21 OPWL Canvas course sites listed here:
- Review this demo – Passport to Canvas Student Training
Canvas Job Aids
Canvas is very user-friendly and is easy to learn to use. Below are some helpful job aids:
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
- Which browsers does Canvas support?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?
- How do I view and sort discussion replies as a student?
Canvas Video Tutorials
Profile and User Settings
- How do I edit my profile in my user account?
- How do I add a profile picture in my user account?
- How do I set my Canvas notification preferences?
- How do I set a time zone in my user account as a student?
If you run into an issue while in Canvas, 24/7 support is available directly from Canvas!
Call Canvas support hotline: (877) 250-7118