Training and Resources
Idaho OSHCon does not offer training classes. There are, however, organizations throughout the state and region that do.
We cannot endorse any particular class, but we are happy to offer these contacts for your information.
Pacific Northwest OSHA Education Center
The Pacific Northwest OSHA Education Center is located at the University of Washington. It offers OSHA-authorized training throughout the region. Classes are offered for both the General and Construction Industries.
You can register for classes via the education center’s website.
OSHA Education Center Classes
The following table shows classes planned for Idaho. Classes are also offered in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.
|Supervisory Safety and Health Duties||Online Virtual Classroom||December 4-7, 2023|
|OSHA #510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry||Pocatello||December 4-7, 2023|
|OSHA #3095 Electrical Standards||Online Virtual Classroom||December 4-8, 2023|
|OSHA #521 OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene||Online Virtual Classroom||December 11-15, 2023|
|OSHA #3115 Fall Protection||Online Virtual Classroom||December 11-14, 2023|
|OSHA #7510 Introduction to OSHA for Small Businesses||Online Virtual Classroom||January 19, 2024|
|OSHA #502 Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers||Online Virtual Classroom||January 22-24, 2024|
|OSHA #510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry||Online Virtual Classroom||January 22-26, 2024|
|OSHA #3015 Excavation, Trenching and Soil Mechanics||Pocatello||January 23-24, 2024|
|OSHA #7500 Introduction to Safety and Health Management||Online Virtual Classroom||January 29, 2024|
|OSHA #503 Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers||Online Virtual Classroom||January 29-31, 2024|
|OSHA #7505 Introduction to Incident (Accident) Investigation||Online Virtual Classroom||January 31, 2024|
|OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry||Online Virtual Classroom||February 5-9, 2024|
|OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry||Pocatello||February 12-15, 2024|
|OSHA #2225 Respiratory Protection||Online Virtual Classroom||February 12-16, 2024|
|OSHA #3115 Fall Protection||Pocatello||February 27-29, 2024|
Safety Fest of the Great Northwest
Safety Fests are held throughout Idaho at different times of year. They all offer free occupational safety and health training. Check the following event websites for more information:
- Boise Safety Fest
- Northern Idaho (Post Falls)
- Northern Idaho (Lewiston)
- Eastern Idaho
- Southern Idaho
More Training Resources
Regional and National Resources
- University of Utah Division of Occupational and Environmental Health (website)
- OSHA E-Tools (Web-Based Training Tools)
The following links might be useful as you work on your company’s safety and health program.
OSHCon is not responsible for the content of these sites. We do not recommend or endorse any particular item or program.
The Idaho Department of Labor develops the Required Workplace Posters list for Idaho. The posters can be downloaded from the department’s website. You can also contact this program and we will print them for you.
Federal Government Sites
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Environmental Protection Agency
- OSHA Occupational Chemical Database
- Toxnet – National Library of Medicine Toxicology Data Network
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
Nonprofit and Standards Organizations
- American Red Cross
- Electrical Safety Foundation
- National Safety Council
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- National Fire Protection Association
- Industrial Truck Standards Development Foundation
- American Welding Society
Safety Professional Organizations
- Snake River Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Inland Northwest Chapter of ASSP
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Other Safety Information