Training and Resources
Idaho OSHCon does not offer training classes. There are, however, organizations throughout the state and region that do.
We cannot endorse any particular class, but we are happy to offer these contacts for your information.
Pacific Northwest OSHA Education Center
The Pacific Northwest OSHA Education Center is located at the University of Washington. It offers OSHA-authorized training throughout the region. Classes are offered for both the General and Construction Industries.
You can register for classes via the education center’s website.
OSHA Education Center Classes
The table below shows classes planned for Idaho. Classes are also offered in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.
|OSHA #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry||Online Video Conference||August 8-11, 2022|
|OSHA #2045 Machinery and Machine Guarding Standards||Online Video Conference||August 15-19, 2022|
|OSHA #3115 Fall Protection||Post Falls||August 17-19, 2022|
|OSHA #2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry||Online Video Conference||August 22-25, 2022|
|OSHA #521 OSHA Guide to Industrial Hygiene||Pocatello||September 12-15, 2022|
|OSHA #3115 Fall Protection||Online Video Conference||September 12-15, 2022|
|OSHA #510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry||Pocatello||September 26-29, 2022|
|OSHA #2055 Cranes in Construction||Online Video Conference||September 26-29, 2022|
|OSHA #6005 Collateral Duty Course for Other Federal Agencies||Online Video Conference||September 26-29, 2022|
|OSHA #511 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry||Post Falls||September 27-30, 2022|
|OSHA #503 Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers||Online Video Conference||October 5-7, 2022|
|OSHA #2255 Principles of Ergonomics||Online Video Conference||October 11-13, 2022|
|Supervisory Safety and Health Duties||Online Video Conference||October 17-20, 2022|
|OSHA #2225 Respiratory Protection||Online Video Conference||October 24-28, 2022|
|OSHA #510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry||Online Video Conference||October 31 - November 4, 2022|
|Emergency Safety Officer Course||Online Video Conference||November 14-16, 2022|
|OSHA #3095 Electrical Standards||Online Video Conference||November 28 - December 2, 2022|
Safety Fest of the Great Northwest
Safety Fests are held throughout Idaho at different times of year. They all offer free occupational safety and health training. Check the following event websites for more information:
- Boise Safety Fest
- Northern Idaho (Post Falls)
- Northern Idaho (Lewiston)
- Eastern Idaho
- Southern Idaho
More Training Resources
Regional and National Resources
- Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (website)
- OSHA E-Tools (Web-Based Training Tools)
The following links might be useful as you work on your company’s safety and health program.
OSHCon is not responsible for the content of these sites. We do not recommend or endorse any particular item or program.
The Idaho Department of Labor develops the Required Workplace Posters list for Idaho. The posters can be downloaded from the department’s website. You can also contact this program and we will print them for you.
Federal Government Sites
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Environmental Protection Agency
- OSHA Occupational Chemical Database
- Toxnet – National Library of Medicine Toxicology Data Network
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Norco SDS Finder
- SIRI MSDS Index
Nonprofit and Standards Organizations
- American Red Cross
- Electrical Safety Foundation
- National Safety Council
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- National Fire Protection Association
- Industrial Truck Standards Development Foundation
- American Welding Society
Safety Professional Organizations
- Snake River Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Inland Northwest Chapter of ASSP
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Other Safety Information