Use of University Trademarks
In accordance with Boise State Trademarks and Licensing
Use of Boise State University’s name, word marks, trademarks, logos, and/or symbols (“marks”) are intellectual properties of the university that need to be protected. With that in mind, the University allows usage of these marks by officially recognized Club Sports, provided such use is in accordance with the standards set out below. Please note that the Bronco logo is the primary brand of Boise State University’s Athletics Program and is reserved explicitly for those organizations affiliated with the University’s athletics programs. Limited use of the primary Athletics marks, and the team name Broncos, is permitted for officially recognized Club Sports solely on uniforms, as detailed further below.
These guidelines apply for apparel, uniforms, and marketing materials (digital and paper) for all Boise State club sports.
- University trademarks and logos may not be altered
- The Boise State brand standards clear space rule will apply to all logos
- The abbreviation for Boise State University such as “BSU” is not a preferred representation of Boise State University. It should not be used on any marketing material and especially not on apparel and uniforms.
- All Club Sports logos should be pre-approved by Club Sports Administration.
- Permitted use of the University marks depends upon whether the use is on uniforms or for other uses (equipment, bags, other team related apparel and marketing materials). See Table 1 at the end of this section for more details
Use of Athletics Marks – Uniforms only
- The Bronco head and associated logos are the identifying trademarks of the Athletics Department. Use of the primary (blue and orange) Bronco head and associated BRONCO and BOISE STATE word marks (“Athletics Marks”) by officially recognized Club Sports is permitted on uniforms only.
- The words Boise State, Boise State University, Boise State Broncos and/or Broncos may be used on uniforms.
- If the sport name is included on uniforms, it should be accompanied by the word “Club” e.g. “Boise State Softball Club”. Team warm-ups, equipment bags and travel wear are not considered part of the uniform.
- Licensed vendors have the necessary files for Athletic Marks. Alternatively, contact the Office of Trademark Licensing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Use of (non-Athletic) University Mark(s)
- The University logo, i.e. the “B” logo, may be used by officially recognized student club sports for all other uses, as well as uniforms.
- If the sport name is included, it must always be accompanied by the word “Club” e.g. “Boise State Lacrosse Club”.
- Non-competition gear (i.e. backpacks, jackets, shirts, team gear, print material, and/or merchandise) must include the “B” logo or the team’s approved club illustration along with the official team name e.g. “Boise State Softball Club”
- Athletics marks and the word BRONCOS may not be used, except on uniforms. See Table 1 at the end of this section for more detail.
- To download high resolution files of the University Marks, go to https://www.boisestate.edu/communicationsandmarketing/brand-standards/logos/
Club Sports Organization Logos
- Club Sports may create their own graphic logo that includes their official team name using the “B” logo. The club sport name must be included with this graphic.
- Logos must be approved by the Division of Student Affairs (Campus Recreation) and Office of Trademark Management and Licensing