- Assist you in developing an academic plan for graduation.
- Help you interpret your Degree Tracker or Academic Advising Report and understand major requirements, core and university policies and procedures.
- Assist you in exploring a variety of majors and provide networking opportunities.
- Provide information about internships and other experiential learning opportunities.
- Help you sort out personal circumstances and determine how they affect your success.
- Work with you to enhance your academic skills.
Department Advising Coordinator
- Natanya Biskar, Academic Program Coordinator – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment
Please refer to the links below for additional information regarding advising at Boise State University.
- College of Arts and Sciences Center for Advising and Student Success
- Advising and Academic Support Center
- University Foundations
- Degree Tracker
- Finish in Four
Schedule an advising appointment
When you email an advisor for an appointment, offer at least three days and times when you are available.
“Hi, this is (your name/ID number), and I would like to schedule an advising meeting. I am available Mondays at 3 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays after 1 p.m., and Friday mornings before noon. If none of those times will work, please let me know when you are available.”
Also, include in your email information that you think will help your advisor prepare for your meeting, such as, “I am a theatre arts major, and I will be a junior next semester.”
Please also include your Student ID number. In addition, include your telephone number so that you can be reached if rescheduling is needed. Call or email your advisor if you need to reschedule.
Use your MyBoiseState account to review your class record. Arrive at your advising appointment with some idea as to what classes you will enroll in next semester. Degree Tracker in MyBoiseState is an excellent resource for you to use to track your courses and requirements. It allows students to plan several semesters in advance.