During Your First Semester
All new and transfer students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to enrolling in second-semester classes. The purpose of Required Advising Holds (RAD) is for students to talk with their advisors about how the transition to Boise State is going and discuss academic goals, degree planning, and more. To learn more about this process, visit the RAD page.
If you are unsure of who your is advisor, then be sure to visit View My Academic Advisor in your Student Center.
Boise State students can use Degree Tracker to map their entire academic path, from day one to graduation.
- Create a custom academic plan that fits your needs and timeline.
- Add or remove semesters (including summer) to your plan.
- Drag and drop your classes into the semesters that work best for you.
- With course planning simplified, you can spend more time with your advisor talking about other important topics, like internships, career exploration, graduate school, and career options.
- You can run a “what-if” Degree Tracker report to preview your academic plan if you were to change your major.
- Degree Tracker gives you real-time access to your academic plan.
- To access and use Degree Tracker, visit here for screenshots and instructions.