New Transfer Student
To be classified as a transfer student for admission purposes you must have completed at least one transferrable academic GPA credit AFTER graduating from high school or earning your GED.
As a transfer student you must submit
- An undergraduate application for admission
- Nonresidents and Fully Online Students are required to pay a nonrefundable Application Fee or submit an approved App Fee Waiver
- An official transcript from EACH regionally accredited college/university attended (including dual/concurrent enrollment)
- Applicants who have completed less than 14 transferrable academic semester (21 quarter) GPA credits after high school must provide an official copy of their final high school transcript, and must meet the first-year student admission requirements.
Transfer Admission Standards
- Cumulative transfer GPA of 2.25: You meet Boise State’s transfer admission standards as long as you are in good academic standing with your current/last institution.
- Cumulative transfer GPA of 2.00 – 2.24 with AA, AS or AAS: You are admissible if you have a 2.00 or higher, AND you have earned an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science or an Associate of Applied Science degree from a regionally accredited academic institution after graduating from high school.
- Cumulative transfer GPA of 2.00 – 2.24 with NO AA/AS/AAS: Your application and admissions materials will go through an additional review. In that review, your overall transfer GPA, course rigor, GPA trend and overall academic history will be taken into consideration. Along with your admission materials, you are highly encouraged to provide a personal statement answering the following prompt. Personal statements can be uploaded on your application status page.
- Personal Statement Prompt: Tell us about the goals you’ve set for yourself as a student at Boise State University. Please tell us what you have accomplished since you last attended school and any challenges you’ve overcome, either personally or academically that may have impacted your previous academic performance.
- Cumulative transfer GPA of 0.00 – 1.99: You are not eligible for degree-seeking admission. We encourage you to re-apply for admission once your cumulative transfer GPA meets Boise State’s admission standards. If desired, you may choose to attend Boise State as a non-degree seeking student.
Keep reading this page to learn more about what Admissions considers to be transferable credit and/or find quick links to helpful transfer resources.