Skip to main content

International Student Internship Information

We are glad you chose Boise State’s College of Business and Economics for your education or exchange. While on campus, our office can help you connect to valuable career experiences. An internship or job in the United States may be an option. Before you start searching for an internship or job, review the following information.

Authorization Requirements

To complete an internship in the United States, international students with F-1 status must be accepted into Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT). Learn more about CPT and OPT training.

To complete an internship in the United States, exchange students with J-1 status must be accepted into Academic Training (AT). Learn more about AT regulations.

Please direct additional employment questions to Ruth Prince in International Student Services by emailing or calling (208) 426-3720.

Resume Translation

Need help translating your resume? Reach out to the Intensive English Program for translation support by emailing or calling (208) 426-1921.

Once you have translated your resume, our staff can assist you with format and content. Schedule a resume appointment with our office.