Mission, Objectives and Outcomes
Our mission is to provide a high-quality undergraduate and graduate education in computer science that prepares students for productive careers and lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, graduates of the Bachelor of Science, Computer Science program will be actively contributing individually and in teams, ethically applying expertise to solve problems, effectively communicating, and building on their knowledge to grow in their careers.
The computer science program will enable students, by the time of graduation, to be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.