Skip to main content

Reporting Misconduct

Any member of the University community may report an alleged violation of the Student Code of Conduct.

If you are reporting a student for an alleged violation, you may be asked to act as a Complainant (that is, an individual who was subjected to the alleged misconduct) for the incident in question.

Submit a Student Conduct Report Form

Navigating the Hearing Process as a Complainant

If you submit a Student Code of Conduct report regarding an alleged conduct violation, you may be asked by Student Rights and Responsibilities to serve as a Complainant if we determine there is enough documentation to pursue a conduct process. There are some situations where you also may be identified and asked to serve as a Complainant based on your knowledge of an event you were involved in.

As a Complainant, you are provided the opportunity to participate in the student conduct process. Hearings are held to determine if a student (Respondent) has allegedly violated the Student Code of Conduct. You as the individual forging the complaint (Complainant) can provide materials to help aid in the hearing process and are invited to participate during the hearing. You always have the choice not to participate, and regardless will be notified of the outcome of the hearing via email.

To learn more about the formal complaint process, visit Section 6: Non-Academic Misconduct Complaints and Procedure of the Student Code of Conduct.



Frequently Asked Questions

What support resources are available to me?

Please note that Boise State strictly prohibits retaliation against any individual for their participation in the conduct process as a Complainant, Respondent, or witness. If you feel you are experiencing retaliation, report it to your Hearing Officer or Student Conduct Administrator immediatelyIf you are in immediate physical danger, please call 9-1-1.

Office of Institutional Compliance & Ethics

The Office of Institutional Compliance & Ethics oversees allegations involving discrimination on the basis of sex. If you are/have been subject to sexual harassment and/or sexual assault such as: dating violence, domestic violence, and “bullying” on the basis of sex, gender, or gender stereotypes, please reach out to the Office of Institutional Compliance & Ethics at (208) 426-1258 to file a report.

Gender Equity Center

The Gender Equity Center offers support for people of all gender identities and can assist complainants in need of resources beyond those offered in the conduct process. If you are in need of support and would like to meet with a staff member from The Gender Equity Center, please call (208) 426-4259 or email

How can I file a report regarding an alleged violation of the Code?

To file a report regarding an alleged Student Code of Conduct violation, submit a Student Conduct Report Form.

Can I appeal a hearing decision?

Complainants involved in a Student Code of Conduct process are able to appeal the violation and/or the sanction(s) within 10 business days of the outcome notice. In order to file an appeal, you must:

The appeal form and typed statement must be submitted by the date stated in the original decision letter. Late appeals will not be considered. Please send all appeal materials to

Once the appeal is received by the Office of the Dean of Students, it will be reviewed by a Hearing Officer and a decision will be rendered within 10 business days of review. For incidents which have resulted in suspension or expulsion, appeals will be reviewed by the next convening Appeal Board (composed of 5 members, including a combination of faculty, staff, and students).