Emiliano “Durtho” Flores wins NAECAD All-American award

Boise State Rocket League player Emilano Flores has yet another acomplishment to add to his first varsity year. Flores won the National Association of Esports Coaches and Directors (NAECAD) All-American award for 2022.

The All-American award is given to the top performing esports players in their respective games. Every month, NAECAD names various players from high-school and college levels as Player of the Month. Students named Player of the Month are then elligable to be awarded the All-American award for the year.

boise state rocket league team on stage
Emiliano Flores competing in the Boise State Esports Arena.

Flores, known by his screen name “Durtho”, had an outstanding first year performance on the Rocket League team. In his first year, Boise State won the Mountain West RL championship with a perfect winning record, won the CECC west regionals, and made it all the way to CRL Worlds this summer. In addition to winning his new All-American award, Durtho was also named CRL Rookie of the Year.

This achievement is the lastest step in Durtho’s long journey with Rocket League that started when he was a kid.

“I’ve been playing Rocket League since 2015, so I was like 11 or 12ish when I first found it,” Flores said in a previous interview. “Ever since I picked it up, I knew I wanted to go pro.”

Flores will be starting his spohomore year this coming fall. All of his fans are excitedly waiting what achivements Flroes and the rest of the Rocket League team will score in the coming years. Make sure to follow Boise State Esports Twitch and Youtube profiles for all upcoming live broadcasts of collegiate Rocket League!

Written by Jacob Palmer.