Request Computer Accounts and Access
New University computer accounts require a request submitted through Help Desk Self Service at https://support.boisestate.edu.
Log in to Help Desk Self Service, then type “accounts” in the search box:
Choose one of the available options. Add Access to an Account or Remove Access to an Account are the most common selections.
Provide the requested information on the form and select Order Now.
- Ensure all new hire paperwork (including an I-9 form) has been completed and processed by Human Resource Services.
- You will need the account requestor’s employee ID #, Boise State username, and specific information about the account(s) being requested (or an equivalent employee name).
- If the requestor is an affiliate (not paid by Boise State), complete the Request for Approval of Visitor or Affiliate Status process.
For New Hires or Separations
Step 1: Visit Help Desk Self Service and sign in with your Boise State credentials (you may be logged in automatically).
Step 2: Type “accounts” in the search box:
Select Add Access to an Account
Remove Access to an Account.
Step 3: Fill out the request, review your information, and select Order Now.
Step 4: You will receive an email confirmation that the request has been submitted, along with the request’s ID number.
For Current Boise State Employees
To request changes in access for an existing employee account, email your request to email@example.com.
Please include the employee’s first and last name, Boise State username, and employee ID number on all correspondence.
If the request concerns PeopleSoft administrative access, please use Help Desk Self Service to submit the request:
- Log in to Help Desk Self Service.
- Type “accounts” in the search box.
- Choose Add Access to an Account and provide the requested information.
- Select Order Now.