Max Davis-Johnson, CIO Boise State University, discusses the future of technology in higher education in this multipart video series.
In Part 4, Max presents the idea that we’re at the beginning of what he is calling “The Age of Software.”
Because of the processing power of our mobile devices, he believes the Internet will drive the Age of Software and become more embedded into everything we do. Max also discusses the continued emergence of mixed reality, augmented reality and virtual reality and the impact these will have on higher education.
Finally, Max discusses the ways we’re already leveraging data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and predictive analytics to help retain and graduate students at Boise State.
- Also in this series:
- Max’s Minute: The Future of Technology in Higher Ed (Part 1 of 5)
- Max’s Minute: Software and Infrastructure as a Service (Part 2 of 5)
- Max’s Minute: Networks, Big Data, and Wi-Fi in Higher Ed (Part 3 of 5)
- Max’s Minute: The Age of Software (Part 4 of 5)
- Max’s Minute: Embrace the SMAC Stack (Part 5 of 5)