Dual Accounts and Email Forwarding
Boise State employees may have a student “BroncoMail” email account (email@example.com), and student employees (including graduate assistants and teaching assistants) may have a staff Google Workspace account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Employees with Student Email Accounts
University faculty and staff may have student BroncoMail accounts because of one or more of the following:
- The employee is an enrolled Boise State student or university alumni.
- The employee is currently in the admission process.
Some employees may not know the student account exists, and that the account may be receiving email.
Students with Employee Email Accounts
Boise State students who are student employees receive employee email accounts upon hire.
Access to employee email accounts is suspended upon separation of employment from the university, except in the case of students holding Graduate Assistantships.
Students may not realize – or may forget – they have this employee email account.
For additional information about Graduate Assistantship accounts, visit the “Email Account” section of the Graduate Assistant Guide.
Access Your Secondary Account
- Sign in to your secondary account by browsing to my.boisestate.edu (use the drop-down Resource Links menu to access BroncoMail if you’re an employee).
- Use your Boise State username and password to log in.
Recommendations for Managing Dual Accounts
- Create a filter to automatically forward emails from your secondary account to your primary account.
- Set up an automatic reply (using a canned response and a filter) to any emails that are received in your secondary account that instructs people how best to reach you.
For more information, contact the Help Desk at (208) 426-4357, email@example.com, chat, or Help Desk Self Service.