You can capture documents and ingest these into Perceptive Content in several ways.
- scan individual or batch documents using the Capture Perfect scanner software;
- scan individual or batch documents using the Capture Now software;
- import emails with email agent;
- capture using the ImageNow printer;
- drag a document from your computer.
Scan a Document Using the Capture Perfect Scanner Software
- To begin the scanning process, log into the Perceptive Content client.
- Load your documents into the scanner. A separator sheet may be used as needed..
- On the Perceptive Content toolbar, find the “Capture” button.
- Click the drop down arrow to the right of “Capture” and select the scanner profile based on the type of document you are scanning.
- The scanner will scan documents into the appropriate network folder based on the scanner profile you selected. Perceptive Content will then pull the documents from the network folders into the appropriate workflows for linking.
Import a Document Using Email Agent
Email Agent can be configured at the department level to capture, index, store, and route email messages and attachments. All email messages sent to a specified email address will be pulled into the Perceptive Content system based on business rules configured by the department.
Import a Document Using the ImageNow Printer
- Open both Perceptive Content and the document you are working with.
- On the document (or web page), go to File > Print.
- Click the Printer dropdown and select the ImageNow printer.
- Upon clicking “Print” the system will process the document. Click OK on the ImageNow printer popup box that is displayed.
- The “Proposed Keys” dialog box will be displayed. Select the document type and click “Capture.”
- A Perceptive Content box will display where you can link the document and add any necessary annotations.
Drag a Document from your Computer
Note: This capture method stores the document in its native format.
- Start by logging into Perceptive Content and locating the document you would like added to Perceptive Content.
- Click and drag the document over the Perceptive Content toolbar and let go.
- A “New Document” dialog box will be displayed.
- Within the dialogue box, you can link the document, add the document to a specific drawer, and add custom properties. When finished, click OK.
- A Perceptive Content viewer window will be displayed where you may annotate the document or add notes. Once complete, Save and close out of the document.