Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to some of our most commonly asked questions. Still can’t find what you need? Contact us!

How do I know when a Space Request is needed?
A Space Request is needed when you:

  • Need additional space (e.g. new lines are added or you need storage space).
  • Change the use of a space (e.g. from classroom to laboratory or from class lab to research lab)
  • Change which department is using the space (e.g. English Department wants to take an office from History Department)
  • Have changes that require remodeling (e.g. a new wall or doorway is sought)
  • Change room capacity (e.g. change the number of students in a classroom)

What sort of space changes DO NOT require a space request?

  • A space request is not needed when you’re moving people within your own department space from one office to another
  • If maintenance (painting, moving signs, etc.) is needed for the move contact Facilities Operations and Maintenance (FOM)

What is needed to move from one Boise State location to another?
When moving from one Boise State location/space to another Boise State location/space, consult the Boise State University Moving Information Packet.

What do I do if I do not have a funding source required on the Space Request form?
Funding for space moves occurs through normal department budget funding procedures. If you need an estimate in order to request funds, submit your request without a funding source designated.