Culminating Activity – Portfolio
The plan of study when selecting the portfolio for your culminating activity requires 24-core credits, 8-elective credits, and 3-research credits. During your final semester of study, you will enroll in the 1-credit OPWL 592 Portfolio, and present your portfolio website to a panel of judges (two OPWL faculty members assigned by the department).
OPWL 592 Portfolio eligibility:
- Complete or be enrolled in your 33rd OPWL credit including all required OPWL courses (may concurrently enroll in the last required course).
- Submit an Application for Admission to Candidacy (AAC) form, signed by your academic advisor.
- No existing I (Incomplete) grade of any courses.
You can develop your portfolio website using Google Sites or another system of your choice.
See sample OPWL portfolio websites:
- Sharnice Yates’s Portfolio – December 2021
Sharnice Yates on LinkedIn
- Nicole Imler’s Portfolio – August 2021
Nicole Imler on LinkedIn
- Victor McCraw’s Portfolio – August 2021
Victor McCraw on LinkedIn
- Terry Hansen’s Portfolio – May 2021
Terry Hansen on LinkedIn
- Douglas Hutchinson’s Portfolio – May 2021
Douglas Hutchinson on LinkedIn
- Andrea Kelley’s Portfolio – December 2020
Andrea Kelley on LinkedIn
- Jill Pearson’s Portfolio – December 2020
Jill Pearson on LinkedIn
- Lori Simkins Portfolio – December 2020
Lori Simkins on LinkedIn
- Jeromy Gallant’s Portfolio – May 2020
Jeromy Gallant on LinkedIn
Use these job aids and templates.
However, professionals often maintain their portfolio as part of their professional development and employment-seeking process. Therefore, all OPWL students, including MS- and certificate-seeking students, are encouraged to follow the OPWL 592 Portfolio directions and start preparing their portfolio website early during their first and second semester classes.