Culminating Activity – Thesis
The plan of study when selecting the thesis for your culminating activity requires 24-core credits, 6-research credits, and 6 thesis credits. After completing three of the core courses and 6-credits of research, you are eligible to enroll in OPWL 593 credits to begin your thesis work.
To develop the research skills necessary to write a thesis, you are recommended to complete the research credits early during your study. You are also encouraged to participate in one of the OPWL faculty’s research labs:
- Interactive Learning Design Lab
- Learning Strategy Lab
- Marginalized and Cross-Cultural Research& Design Learning Tech Group
- OPWL Action Research Lab
- Process Management Lab
- Workplace-Oriented Research Central (WORC)
After completing three (3) of the core courses and 6-credits of research coursework;
- Identify a full-time OPWL faculty member whose research is aligned with your research interest.
- Propose to that faculty member your thesis topic and request consideration for him/her to be your thesis advisor. If not available, the faculty member may help you find another faculty who is available as your thesis advisor.
- Select two additional thesis supervisory committee members.
- Submit a thesis proposal to your thesis supervisory committee
- If approved, enroll in OPWL 593
OPWL Thesis Examples
Douglas Hutchinson – 2021
Morgan Thesis – 2020
Miller Thesis – 2019
Kennedy Thesis – 2012
Duman Thesis – 2009
Berg Thesis – 2008