Meet the Advisory Board: Bae Emilson

Bae Emilson
Bae Emilson

How long have you served on the Advisory Board?

Since 2015

Are you part of any committees? If so, what is your role?

Chair of Volunteer Committee. Co-chair of Travel Committee.

What is your most memorable Osher Institute experience?

I’ve enjoyed Osher trips to Ireland (country and city views) and Oaxaca, Mexico (hands-on art projects, history, and delicious food)

Favorite Osher presentation you have attended thus far?

I can’t possibly pick just one. Two favorites include: Davids Adler – Who knew how exciting it could be to hear about the constitution? Inside the Play – Is it possible that there are over 200 lighting changes to be developed and programmed for a live on-stage play?

Are you a Boise native? If not, where are you originally from?

My original home was in the New York Finger Lakes. Since then, my residences have included Illinois, Indiana, Washington, DC, California, and Oregon.

What is your career history?

A bachelor of arts in psychology from SUNY Buffalo and master of arts in organization development from Loyola University in Chicago have equipped me for a career in training and continuing education. My initial focus was on preparing adults to define and build plans for new professions. Later, that scope expanded to providing organizations resources to enhance skills of leaders and staff.

What hobbies do you enjoy?

I love to volunteer and contribute to the community. Most of the time, you can find me at St. Luke’s Hospital, the Morrison Center, or Opera Idaho. In addition, music, primarily participating in choirs, gives me an opportunity to make a joyful noise.

What are you doing to occupy your time during the stay-at-home order?

Rainbow colored puzzle

I’m using the time at home to tackle a deep spring house clean. Calls to friends fill some of the gaps in social gatherings. I’ve also joined those who have pulled out jigsaw puzzles for evening entertainment.