Review Syllabi & Formats
- Syllabi bank (Campus Compact’s National Service-Learning)
- SL Formats: fully-integrated, optional, or offered as an one-credit SL Lab
- Six types of SL: discipline focused, first year, capstone, research, etc.
- Indirect vs. Direct SL: indirect (project-based) or direct (client contact)
- Online SL Distance education classes can be enhanced with SL
- Optional or required
- Videos (30-60 second snapshots of Boise State faculty explaining their SL course)
- Examples & Snapshots from Boise State and across the nation
BSU Syllabi and SL Designation Applications
Over 120 BSU faculty have designed SL courses. Below is a small selection of those syllabi.
ART 300 Multicultural Art (K.Keys)
PSYCH 419 Children and Families: Multicultural Perspectives (A. Maserik)
ENGR 120 Intro to Engineering (C. Sevier)
NONPROF 240 Intro to Nonprofit Management (J. Hansen)