Costs, Financial Aid and Scholarships
Graduate College Funding Information
The Graduate College provides essential information related to funding including scholarships and fellowships, graduate assistantships, and funding for international students.
Graduate College funding website
MPH Graduate Research and Teaching Assistantships
Each year, the school and some faculty have graduate research or teaching assistantship positions availble. Graduate assistantship selection is a competitive process. You are eligible once accepted into the MPH program and will be notified with more information at that time.
BroncoFit Graduate Assistantships
Boise State University’s BroncoFit program in the College of Health Sciences also offers several graduate assistantships each year. Visit the BroncoFit website to learn more about these opportunities.
WICHE Tuition Discount Program
The Master of Public Health (MPH) graduate program participates in WICHE, the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education, and its Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). This program enables students who would normally pay out-of-state tuition rates to pay in-state tuition rates when enrolled in the MPH program. To participate, students must be a resident of one of the following: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming.
More information about the WICHE Tuition Discount
The Boise State scholarship application opens mid-November and most scholarship opportunities close by February 15th. The following scholarships are geared specifically toward Master of Public Health students. Note that scholarships are subject to change, so for a comprehensive list and more information visit the Boise State scholarships website.
Boise State scholarships website
Jim & Georgia Girvan Master of Public Health Scholarship
- Minimum 3.5 GPA, Grad must have completed 12 credits
- Pursing a Master of Public Health
- Plan to enroll at least part-time (5 graduate credits)
Tim and Shawn Dunnagan Allied and Public Health Sciences Scholarship
- Full-time enrollment (9 graduate credits)
- Enrolled in an Allied Health Sciences or Public Health program with an interest in the study of health disparities for underserved populations
- Demonstrate financial need. We can determine your financial need by the results of your free application for federal student aid (FAFSA).
Preference is given to students engaged with a faculty member on a meaningful research agenda
Dr. Maurice Burkholder Scholarship
- Plan to enroll full-time (12 undergraduate credits, 9 graduate credits)
- Have a declared major within the College of Health Science
- An Idaho resident
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need based on the results of your free application for federal student aid (FAFSA).
Cost per Credit for Classes
|Credit(s)||Resident Prices||Non-Resident Prices|
|1-8 Credits||$491.45 (per credit)||$891.45 (per credit)|
|9-16 Credits||$5,034 (Total per semester)||$13,702.55 (Total per semester)|
Cost for Graduate and Graduate Certificate Applications
|Type of Application||Cost|
|Current Boise State Student||$65|
Cost for Graduation Application Dependent on Program
Cost for Application to Candidacy from Graduate College
*There is no cost for Application to Candidacy from the Graduate College.