Student Consumer Information
Boise State University is a public, state-supported, accredited university overseen by the Idaho State Board of Education.
The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires institutions to disclose certain information to students. Below you will find links to important information for Boise State University students. If you have questions about this information or to request a paper copy of any or all of the information provided below, please contact the Office of Institutional Compliance and Ethics, (208) 426-1258 or email@example.com.
- Academic Programs- Graduate – comprehensive list of Boise State University graduate degree programs.
- Academic Programs- Undergraduate – comprehensive list of Boise State University undergraduate degree programs.
- Teacher Preparation Program Report – College of Education website with comprehensive information regarding Boise State’s teacher education program; includes Boise State University’s most recent Title II report.
- Professional Licensure and Certifications – information on programming designed to meet educational requirements for a specific license or certification that is required for employment in an occupation and whether that program is sufficient to meet licensure requirements in the various states.
Cost of Attendance – estimated cost to attend Boise State University for the current academic year; includes a breakdown of estimated costs for both resident and nonresident students.
- Academic Progress Rate for Student Athletes (PDF) – Boise State University’s most current NCAA Division I Academic Progress Rate (APR) report.
- Equity in Athletics Disclosure (PDF)– Boise State University’s current Equity in Athletics Report, which includes information on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses by men’s and women’s teams.
- Graduation Rates for Student Athletes (PDF) – freshman-cohort graduation rates for student athletes.
- Textbook Lookup by Class – Boise State University Bookstore website that provides required and recommended materials (including textbooks with ISBNs) by course section.
- Textbook Orders – online textbook orders, textbook cost comparison tool, buyback information and faculty resources.
Educational Access Center – comprehensive information and portal for students seeking accommodations for disabilities.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention and Education (PDF) – comprehensive information regarding Boise State University’s drug and alcohol abuse prevention programming and resources for students and staff.
- Enrollment Data – Boise State University multi-year enrollment data for new and transfer students for spring and fall terms.
- Office of Institutional Effectiveness – Boise State University enrollment statistics, credit hours, graduation and retention rates, data reports, and Student-Right-to-Know information.
- Financial Aid & Scholarships – comprehensive information regarding need-based and non-need based federal, state and private aid programs including loans, grants and scholarships; eligibility requirements and procedures for applying for aid; criteria for selecting recipients and determining amount of aid; methods and frequency of aid disbursement; financial aid terms and conditions; rights and responsibilities of students receiving Title IV, HEA loans; how financial aid is handled when students withdraw; and contact information for assistance with financial aid matters.
- Financial Aid Handbook and Policies – Boise State Financial Aid Handbook and Financial Aid policies, which includes information on borrower rights and responsibilities, Satisfactory Academic Progress, aid terms and conditions, and related financial aid policies.
- Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Title IV Financial Aid – information regarding withdrawing from Boise State University and the return of Title IV aid.
- Net Price Calculator – calculator intended to provide estimated net price information (defined as estimated cost of attendance – including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses – minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year.
Refund policy – information regarding refund amounts and deadlines for Boise State University students.
Health, Counseling and Wellness Services
University Health Services – comprehensive information regarding University medical, counseling and wellness services, including insurance and billing information, appointment information, resources and FAQs, and information on common health topics.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Notice of Non-Discrimination – Boise State University’s statement of non-discrimination and anti-harassment and information on how to file a discrimination or harassment complaint.
- Accreditation Information – information regarding Boise State University’s institutional accreditation as well as information regarding the accreditation of individual academic programs.
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website – National Center for Education Statistics website which provides comprehensive information including Boise State University’s enrollment data, graduation rates, cost of attendance, financial aid, academic programs, and security information. The website provides similar data for institutions of higher education located throughout the U.S. and includes a cost comparison tool students may use to compare data for different institutions.
- Graduation and Retention Rates – graduation and retention rates for freshmen cohort and transfer students.
- Privacy and Confidentiality of Student Records/Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)/Health and Safety Exemption Requirement – information about student records, authorized disclosures without consent, the health and safety exemption requirement, and requests for privacy.
- Transfer Credit Basics – information regarding transferring courses including religious course credits, international credits and quarter system credits.
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements – information regarding transfer course equivalents and transfer equivalency agreements with other institutions (articulation agreements).
- OIT Copyright Infringement Compliance Plan – Boise State’s copyright infringement deterrence plan including information regarding peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing.
- Office of the General Counsel Copyright Guide – comprehensive information and guidelines for the University community regarding all aspects of copyright law, including information on first sale, educational use, public domain, fair use, digital materials, obtaining permission and other copyright issues.
- Student Code of Conduct – student conduct requirements including information regarding disciplinary and sanctioning processes for students.
- Student-Right-to-Know – completion and graduation rates for general student population and student athletes and retention rates and placement rates for graduating students.
University Security & Police Services
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports – annual security, safety and fire reports for Boise State University; compiled in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (“Clery Act”).
- Campus Crime Log – Boise State University’s current and prior years’ crime logs.
- Emergency Notification – policy and procedures for issuing notifications to the campus community regarding a dangerous situation or emergency with immediate impact to life or property.
- Emergency Operations Plan – emergency response and evacuation procedures for students, faculty and staff.
- Missing Student Policy – policy and procedures for locating and assisting a student suspected as missing.
- Timely Warning – policy and procedures for warning the campus community when there is a continuing threat to faculty, staff, students or visitors.
Voter Registration Information
Voter Registration – link to the Idaho Secretary of State’s website with election and voting registration information, including information specific to students. Idaho voters may register at the polls.