What do I need to know before getting started?
- Employees responsible for coding financial transactions should use existing tools and resources to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting.
- A funding segment string is a combination of eight segments used to code financial transactions.
- Review the funding segment string video to learn more about the eight segments.
- Review the Funding Segment String Overview, Budget Segment String Overview, and Project (POET) Segment String Overview resources for additional information about different types of segment strings.
- The All Segment Values Report contains description, status, and use for each segment.
- The Segment Maintenance Form is used to request a new, or make changes to an existing, segment value.
- Cross-Validation Rules are used to identify which segments correspond with different units and departments on campus.
- Visit the List of Terms to learn more about common terms used by Administrative Accounting.