Skip to main content

Correcting Entries Matrix

See the matrix below to determine the appropriate process for the type of correction needed.

Important Note: With HCM go live, correcting entry processes have changed and are currently being re-evaluated. The information outlined below is the latest correcting entry guidance as of December 2022.

What are you trying to do?

Correct Payroll Expenses

1. Correct payroll expenses (ie salary and fringe allocations) that have already posted

Submit the Employee Costing Change form to correct payroll activity that does not meet any of the criteria below which require a manual payroll correction.

Submit a Payroll Correction Request to

  • correct payroll activity with an effective date before Oct 30, 2022.
  • reallocate or correct over-time expenses to or from a sponsored project or
  • reallocate fringe (no wages) as required by sponsored program agreement.

Request a Department Deposit, Reallocation, Surplus Transfer or change in accounting on an Accounts Receivable Billing Transaction

Please note: if revisions are needed for a Transact Campus item code, please use the Marketplace All in One Form to request an update in addition to submitting the Journal Entry Request.

Back To Top