Below you will find specific information about returning to Boise State after an academic dismissal. If you have questions or concerns about completing the reinstatement process, please contact email@example.com or call the AASC at 208-426-4049.
Reinstatement Application Deadlines
All students planning to return after their required dismissal period must complete the application to attend Boise State by the dates below. This includes students who are degree seeking, in an online-only, or late-start program, etc.
- Returning for fall: Apply by August 1
- Returning for spring: Apply by December 1
- Returning for summer: Apply by May 1
- Reapply to Boise State University by the dates above. There is not a separate application for reinstated students. Simply fill out the main application at this link – Link to Admissions application
- The Advising and Academic Support Center (AASC) will be notified that you have been reinstated to Boise State and a Probation Advising Required Hold will be placed on your Student Center. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to complete a Reinstatement Questionnaire and the Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI). These two items should take a total of 30-45 minutes to complete.
- After these are completed, the AASC will contact you by phone to schedule an appointment with an Academic Development and Recovery (ADR) advisor.
- In your reinstatement advising appointment, you will work with an ADR advisor to create an action plan for a successful return to Boise State. You will then schedule an appointment with an academic advisor for your major to assist you in course selection for future semesters.
- Once you have met with an ADR advisor and your academic advisor, your Probation Advising Required Hold will be lifted to enroll in classes.
After the start of the semester, a Probation Advising Required Hold will appear on your Student Center. AASC will lift this hold after meeting with an ADR Advisor. This follow-up meeting typically takes place during Weeks 7-9 of your first semester back after formal reinstatement. Students who have been reinstated two or more tomes will need to complete three academic coaching sessions or enroll in ACAD 102 to have their Probation Advising Required hold removed.
If you have been dismissed from Boise State three or more times, you will have to submit an Academic Appeal for Reinstatement.