The online application, official transcripts, and all related admission materials must be submitted by January 15th of the preceding fall semester for priority application and consideration for funding.
Required Application Materials
The following items are required for the MA Anthropology application:
- Graduate College Application – Complete the Graduate College application. Once you complete the Graduate College portion of the online application and pay the application fee, the MAA Anthropology program application requirements will be made available to you.
- Application Fee – Pay the $65 Domestic or $95 International application fee in the online application system.
- Transcripts – Please request official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts to be sent to Boise State. Learn more about submitting transcripts to Boise State.
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores – Required for international applicants only. Learn more about language score requirements.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation – Applicants will provide contact information for two academic faculty references in the application system. upon submission of the recommender contact information, an email will be sent to the recommender with a link to upload a letter of recommendation.
- Personal Letter – Two-page (500-word) personal letter of intent describing your background, academic interests, career goals, and your reasons for your interest in the MAA Anthropology program.
- Writing Sample – Provide a writing sample of your best undergraduate work. Send in a separate email to the Graduate Program Coordinator at email@example.com
Finding a Mentor
Look through our faculty directory to find a mentor that best matches your desired research interests. If during the application process you would like to include additional components you can send them directly to your mentor.