5 Ways You Can Work Towards Your Career Goals This Semester
Note: This video includes footage of events that took place pre-pandemic. Please wear a mask to keep our community safe!
Links to Resources in the Video
- Handshake: Use Handshake to search for on-campus, off-campus, and remote part-time jobs, internships, and post-graduation career positions. Also find and register for upcoming career events and employer networking opportunities.
- PathwayU: Use our self-guided career assessment to explore career matches, potential corresponding Boise State majors, and make sure you’re on the right track.
- BroncoLink: Use BroncoLink to find people to answer your career questions and support you in your career journey, including alumni and professionals working in your career of interest. Learn how to conduct an informational interview.
- Work U and internships: Apply to Work U for a chance to gain experience with one of Boise’s best employers. All opportunities are open to all majors and skillsets. Or pursue an internship related to your major. The availability of remote internships right now gives you the option to pursue companies and opportunities you might not have previously considered.
- Career Fairs: Our in-person and virtual career fairs are important opportunities to meet employers, gather career information, build your network, and seek internships and career opportunities. Also, have a free professional headshot taken at the in-person fair!
Get Career Help
- Career Services appointments: Make a video, phone, or email appointment to get personalized assistance. We can help you find the right opportunity, resource, or steps to take this semester to keep you on track towards your career goals. We can also help you explore your major and career options, make a career plan, or search for jobs, internships, and career positions.
- 15-minute drop-in sessions: Have a quick career or job search question? No appointment needed for a 15 minute online session, Monday – Thursday from 2 – 4 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters while classes are in session.
- Virtual Career Center: Access any of our online tools 24/7 using our Virtual Career Center.
- Career Communities: Find other online career resources specific to your interests.
Use the Get Career Help page on our website to access any of these tools, services, or lists of resources by topic.