How to Forget a Wireless Network
Occasionally you may have a need to have your device “forget” a wireless network. This may be due to needing to reinstall the eduroam Configuration Tool, or make not have Bronco-Guest appear as your default Boise State WiFi connection.
Find your device below and follow instructions to have your device forget a wireless network:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Select the network you wish to forget by tapping the icon of the “i” within the circle
- Select Forget This Network.
- Go to Settings, and navigate to the page that lists your available WiFi networks (sometimes titled “Wireless & networks”)
- Press and hold the network you want to forget. Select “Forget network” from the popup menu
- Select the Network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen
- Select Network settings
- Select Manage Wi-Fi settings
- Select the network you want to forget from the list under “Manage known networks”
- Select Forget.
macOS and OS X
- Select System Preferences
- Select Network
- Select Wi-Fi from the list of network options at left, then select Advanced… at lower-right
- Select the network you want to forget to highlight it, then select the – button (next to the + button)
For more information, contact the Help Desk at (208) 426-4357, email@example.com, chat, or Help Desk Self Service.