Come to the Zone in in the Interactive Learning Center to check out a variety of equipment, including mobile lab computers.
To use our Checkout Service:
- You must be a currently enrolled student, active faculty or staff member, or have Emeritus status.
- You must provide a valid Bronco ID, or your Boise State ID number accompanied by a photo ID, and current phone number.
- Checkout time limits apply. There are no renewals (exception: Checkout is intended for a conference that requires travel or at a manager’s discretion).
- iPad Minis
- Google Chromebooks
- Cybershot digital camera
- GoPro camera
- Olympus Voice Recorder
- Standalone Projector
- USB table microphone (with stand)
- USB lapel microphone
- Camera Tripods
- Laptop Speakers
- SD Cards
- Laser Pointers
- Adapters for VGA, HDMI, Windows Surface, Mac laptops
Basic Rules and Guidelines
Basic Rules and Guidelines
- Customer must be a currently enrolled student, an active faculty, staff or emeritus with a valid Boise State email address to use this service.
- These devices are meant for use in furthering the academic goals of Boise State University. These devices are not intended to be a replacement for resources a department or student should own.
- Checkout requests may be denied to allow different customers access to checkout the devices.
- Checkouts will be for a maximum of 48 hours to ensure the greatest availability to all of our customers.
- There is a 24-hour waiting period between returning a device and checking out or reserving another device.
- Checkouts will not be renewed.
- Students and Staff may check out only one item at a time(exception: Video cameras may be checked out along with a tripod).
- Students with an active checkout cannot checkout another device or make a future reservation. Faculty and staff may make reservations while having an active checkout.
- Mobile labs may only be checked out to faculty or staff.
- Lost, stolen or damaged equipment is the responsibility of the signer of the checkout agreement.
- During finals week calculators will be limited to a 5 hour checkout but will not be subject to the 24 hour waiting period for checking out another, different, device.
- Exceptions to any of these rules may be made at a manager’s discretion.
- An item is considered late when it has not been returned by the agreed upon time.
- A reminder email will be sent two hours before the return time and two hours after the item was due.
- Subsequent email reminders will be sent each day the item is late up to 7 days.
- A phone call will be placed to the customer each day.
- 7 days late: A hold in the value of the checked out device will be placed on the customer’s Boise State account. This will prevent the customer from registering for classes, accessing transcripts, graduating or using other University services.
- 14 days late: A report will be filed with the City of Boise Police Department indicating the equipment has been stolen.
- The person who checks out a device or item is responsible for the item when it is in their possession.
- The person who signs for a device is responsible for any damage to the item and may be required to pay for repairs or replacement at the discretion of Customer Care Management.
- A hold in the amount of repairs may be placed on your account. Until this amount is remitted, you will not be able to register for classes, access transcripts, graduate or use many other University services.
- We are aware that accidents happen. Let us know as soon as they do. If you can’t return an item on time or it’s been damaged, lost, or stolen, call us and explain the situation. Return any damaged equipment as soon as possible. We can work with you.