- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Outlook Handbook – Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Frequently Asked Questions
Idaho School Information
If you are considering attending an Idaho school to become a dietitian, the University of Idaho and Idaho State University each have dietetic programs.
- The University of Idaho is a Coordinated Program, which includes the clinical and administrative experience, along with the didactic coursework. Once the program is complete, you would be eligible to write the Registration Exam. Admission to the coordinated program requires that all prerequisites be completed before admission and the expectation is that you attend full-time completing the coursework and clinical/admin experiences as outlined in the course of study.
- The Idaho State University is a Didactic program (four-years) leading to a Bachelors degree followed by a post-baccalaureate internship.
- Please visit the University of Idaho and Idaho State University websites for further information on their programs. Additional information about a career in dietetics can be found by viewing the American Dietetic Association website.
Boise State University also assist students who wish to transfer to a school outside the State of Idaho, you may locate dietetic programs around the country by using the following website: